As we are about to bid farewell to a year 2016 which has seen so many ups and downs for so many people around the world none more so than the countries torn with a terrible conflicts which has brought war and lost of so many loved ones. Our hearts naturally goes out to them caught in this unfortunate hell of not their choosing. We have become so hardened audience watching terrible outcome of the war unfolding on our television. The question I ask is how have we become so accepting of such atrocious behavior of another human. If there is one wish I could wish then I would wish and pray for harmony and good health to prevail in the coming new year and there after.
To start this brand New Year, the new chapter in your life, it is now time to create a new year resolution list. Whatever you decide, be generous and be bold but create a fewer list that can be objectively and realistically attainable.
Here are some New Year’s resolution ideas I put together which you could add to your own list if you like:
- Be Grateful: Let us be grateful to people who make us happy our family and friends, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom whatever the season. Appreciate and be grateful for what you have. Spend as much time as you can to keep in contact with your family.
- New Blog: I am going to review all my blog pages along with creating new one. I will also commit to writing a minimum one blog post a month.
- Practice Mindfulness: There are four immeasurable qualities one can practice which are Loving-kindness, Compassion, Bountiful Joy and equanimity. These qualities if practiced diligently will help us cultivate and become a mindful individual.
- Learn New Skills: I will try and learn some new languages as it is so easy to learn over the internet these day. I will sign up and endeavor to complete few MOOC courses.
- Stop Procrastination: We are very good at putting things off for another day and I will try and do the things that I can without putting it off for another day.
- Less of Us and Them: Disengage from such mentality of us and them as this is where the conflicts generally give birth to. If we cultivate more of Us and less of Them attitude we have the potential to go a long way in promoting peace and harmony.
- Healthy Living: Stop junk food and drink water daily at least a litter at work. Ride my bike at least once a month and walk vigorously few hours a week.
- Hobby: Reignite and engage my passion in taking photos again and share with everyone. Start building a memory book.
It is very easy to procrastinate, but eventually you have to commit to do what you said you would do. There is never a good time like the present time, what you do now is the present time, not seconds ago, so start working with your list right now. All that remains for me to say is best of luck, good health and most of all Happy New Year!